Friday 21 December 2012

Learning with the CEO...


Every conversation is a learning experience is what I believe in. Many do not agree with this as their perspective is to engage only in positively oriented talks but to be able to succeed in our short life span we need to stay informed of both the positive and negative aspects of our surroundings.


It is not at all a common sight in any office that you see the CEO sitting alongside you in your cubical and discuss with you your performance and address the issues to help you improve, learn and grow. I was fortunate enough to have experienced such an event as I continue to learn about the Luxury Goods Industry. As the Overseas Business Development and Marketing Consulatant for Numen Jewelry Packing and Display Co. Ltd, a leading jewelry countertp display products manufacturer and other display and packing products, I was given the opportunity to engage in a valuable discussion with our respected CEO at TradeKey regarding my work progress as being part of a service industry requires more than normal efforts to survive!

The passion he wears for the success of his company that is only achievable through the success and constant growth of his employees is commendable. During my short experience working as an Intern in the UK I was only once addressed by the Manager and was only told take my concerns to the supervisor. Such an incident forced me to build a perspective that had CEO of the company was someone who would only call me to let me know that my services are not needed anymore! That too only if he felt the need to do so!


The discussion was not only a learning one, but it was a reminder as well of the basic job description for the one subconsciously focused on the slow moving hands of that thing hanging on the wall. I did realize the importance of that extra mile that I had forgotten, when it comes to achieving our goals! The key to success is to remember the fact, that higher the quantity of efficient efforts would reap higher effective results for our Career Growth and increase our Knowledge. Most of us tend to forget this effective rule as it happened with me and I felt quite lucky to be part of such an environment where nurturing comes from the very top. A sight I personally never saw or heard about.


My above experience might seem too good to be true... but It did Happen and I am glad that it did!

0 comments:

Post a Comment