Tuesday 4 December 2012

The Curse, The Visit, The Crown Jewels!


Koh-i-Noor is one rare piece of Gem that has both beauty and history attached to it, oh wait it is also believed to be cursed! Yes that is correct, it is believed to have brought down kingdoms when it was worn by a Male Ruler but as per the Hindu Text dating back to 1306, only Women or a god can wear this jewel with impunity.

My visit to see the crown jewels heavily guarded at Tower of London was back in 2008. Of all the jewelry display and showcases in the royal jewel house I was most interested to get a good look at the best of them all- Koh-i-Noor. The beauty with which that stone shines is extremely hard to explain. What you see with your eyes cannot be captured through a camera or any such thing. The very first sight is so captivating that it is extremely hard to notice any other valuable in the room. I hated the fact that there were conveyors on which we were supposed to stand and go by the magnificent stone in like 10 second or so. 


I knew I had to get  another look and hopefully a longer one this time round. Leaving my mother and sisters waiting in the gift shop I went back towards the entrance of the tower. It took me an extra 45 minutes to get through the queue and get the chance to be mesmerized by this nature's beauty yet again. All that wait was definitely worth it, the sheer pleasure you get is not explainable in words, one has to visit the Towers to be Hypnotized by it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment